- Push the button on the kiosk to wake up the screen
- Press the "Rent a bike" button on the kiosk screen
- Insert your credit or debit card
- Select the type of pass you'd like
- Choose how many bikes you'd like (up to two)
- Print your ride code, which you'll use to unlock your bike(s)
- Pick out your bike(s) – skip any docks with a red light
- Type the code into the keypad on the bike dock(s) within 5 minutes
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!
Trips under 30 minutes are included in your pass price, and you can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active! If you keep a bike out for 30 minutes or longer, usage fees apply.
To end a ride, return your bike to any station with an empty dock. Push your bike firmly into the dock and wait for the green light to make sure it's locked. Watch this short video to learn how to dock a Capital Bikeshare bike.
To ride again while your 24-Hour or 3-Day Pass is active, swipe the same credit or debit card at the kiosk to get a new ride code (don't worry, you won't be charged again). You can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active.