Explore Kingman Island, Anacostia Park, the Washington Navy Yard, Yards Park and more on this beautiful waterside trail.
Grab a bike from the 3rd & Tingey St SE station and hit the trail by heading south into Yards Park.
- Point your bike east toward the Navy Yard and ride alongside the docks
- At the 11th St Bridge, turn left and ride north on 11th St SE
- Turn right at O St SE to cross the freeway
- Continue onto Water St SE and take a right just before M St SE to get back on the trail
- Ride along the trail with the Anacostia River to your right
- The trail turns north at Evans Point, and you'll see the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium on the horizon
- Continue north along the trail until you reach Benning Road NE
- Take a right onto Benning Road NE to cross Kingsman Park and reach the other side of the Anacostia River*
- Turn right to pick up the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail on the east bank of the river
- Head south through the park and take in the Washington, DC skyline from across the river
- At the end of Anacostia Park, ride up the ramp and take Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge to cross back over to the west bank of the river
- Take a right onto Potomac Ave SE and follow it as it turns into First St SE
Dock your bike at the 1st & N St SE station.
This loop is about 8.5 miles, which would take most riders around 45 minutes. If you exceed your 30-minute time limit, it's only an additional $2 for your next 30 minutes.
*If you want to break up the ride, dock your bike at the Anacostia Ave & Benning Rd NE / River Terrace station and explore Kingman Island. Pick up a new bike to restart the ride.
Local tip: In summer months, The Yards Park near our 3rd St & Tinghey St SE station has a wonderful wading pool, perfect for humid summer days in the District.