Hop on the trail at the Thomas Farm Community Center in Fallsgrove Stream Valley Park and pedal your way around Rockville’s neighborhoods for fun and fitness.
Begin your trip by grabbing a bike at the Fallsgrove Dr & Montgomery Ave station, which is right on the Carl Henn Memorial Trail:
- Head west to pick up the trail in a clockwise direction
- Follow the trail across W Montgomery Ave and continue along W Gude Dr
- At Norbeck Rd, turn right and follow the trail as it becomes First St
- Continue across Rockville Pike and follow the trail as it becomes Wootton Parkway
- Follow Wootton Parkway across Darnestown Road, then turn right to continue on the trail
- Cross Oak Knoll Dr, then turn left to follow the trail into the neighborhood
- At the fork, bear left to continue on Oak Knoll Dr
- The trail will take a 90-degree turn onto Fallsgrove Dr, which you can follow back to your original starting point
This entire loop is about 10 miles and will take most riders at least an hour on a Capital Bikeshare bike. If you want to break up the ride, you can dock your bike along the trail. Both the Taft St & E Gude Dr and the Fleet St & Ritchie Pkwy stations are just off the trail at the 3.3-mile and 5-mile marks, respectfully. Simply pick up a new bike when you're ready to continue the ride.
Local tip: You can ride the trail in either direction, but our suggested route (clockwise) has fewer hills for an easier ride.